Week 5 Group Project
Deliverable length: Variable
Group Project: 2-part
1. Individual Portion: (each member selects a different department)
- Minimum 10 – 20 detailed procedures of opening, mid-shift, and closing procedures for a department in a restaurant.
2. Group Portion:
- Checklists to match procedures
- Summary of department procedures and how management will ensure the procedures will consistently perform to meet standards of expectation
- Identification of personnel responsible for each department
- Create operational procedure and checklists
You have just been hired as part of the opening management team for a new restaurant in the area. As a group, chose 1 of the concepts from a team members’ Week One Individual Project to utilize as your restaurant. The first task the team has been assigned is to create the opening, mid-shift, and closing procedures, along with checklists for the departments in the front or back of the house. These procedures need to be detailed steps to ensure the successful opening, shift change, and closing of the establishment for any given shift. The checklists will be used by the management team each day to ensure that the shift is ready for operation.
Each individual team member will be responsible for creating detailed procedures for one department in the front or back of the house. Departments may vary, depending on the type and size of the operation (examples include bar, receiving area, host stand, demo kitchen, or pastry station). These procedures need to be detailed steps to ensure the successful opening, shift change, and closing of the establishment for that department for any given shift.