Week 5 – Assignment
- Due Monday by 11:59pm
- Points 2
- Submitting an external tool
Trends in Informatics Case Study[WLOs: 1, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment review Chapters 29, 33, and 36 of Health Informatics: An Interprofessional Approach.
Formulate a paper addressing trends in health informatics using the address the following prompts:
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of simulation technology as a technology trend.
- Given future directional trends in informatics discussed in Chapter 36 of your text such as nanotechnology, predictive analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT), select a trend that you view to be most important to our society today. Provide a rationale for your choice.
- Analyze the Health Information Technology Governance Activities and Processes summery discussed in Chapter 29 of your text (Box 29.1). Reflecting on your University of Arizona Global Campus major of study, discuss how an organizational leader in health care and/or health and human services would use these activities to prioritize informatics projects related to implementing an informatics trend discussed in Chapter 36.
The Trends in Informatics Paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.) ’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper including the chapter number and case study title
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
Must use at least two scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.