As you prepared for your interview, you designed questions to ask the social worker supervisor about each of the following content areas. You also need to conduct a literature review to gather additional evidence-based information to enhance the information you gathered from the interview. It might be helpful to conduct the literature review synchronously to designing the interview questions. This written assignment is your opportunity to synthesize the information gathered from the interview and your literature review into a comprehensive and concise discussion about best practices in supervision. You must make clear connections between the interview and the theories and standards involved in the profession.
Copy and paste the e-mail that confirms, by reply of your interviewee, your meeting with the social work supervisor you met with for this assignment. The confirmation must include the name, credentials, agency, and contact phone and e-mail address of the person interviewed. It must also include the meeting date, time, and location of your meeting. This information is subject to confirmation by your instructor. If this information is not included in the assignment, it will be returned to you with a grade of zero.
Organize your paper, using headings, to address each of the content areas. Be sure that you synthesize information from the interview with content learned from the text, articles, NASW resources, and additional resources into these categories.
- Identify best practices and standards that are a part of supervision and leadership within the social work profession and how they are integrated into the social work profession. Why are they important to the profession?
- Connect the NASW Code of Ethics to Best Practice Standards in Social Work Supervision.
- Explain how education, training, and practice support can help protect the NASW Code of Ethics and Best Practice Standards in Social Work Supervision.
- Explain how technology supports best practices and ethical standards used in social work practice.
- Explain dimensions of diversity and how they influence leadership and supervision in social work.
- Describe how to use leadership skills when working with a supervisee to advance social, economic, and environmental well-being? How does this affect supervisee performance in addressing social, economic, and environmental well-being?
- Explain the importance of self-care in social work practice when serving as a supervisor. Why is this important and include examples of best practices in self-care.
- Describe critical or conflict theory that support best practices as an advanced generalist supervisor.
- Apply critical thinking through written communication in analyzing social work best practices for supervision.