Intelligence: Street Smarts
read In a nutshellâ€ (pp. 3-24) and â€œChapter 10: Assessment in context: The alternative to standardized testingâ€ (pp. 167-192) in Multiple intelligences: New horizons as well as â€œCultural explorations of human intelligence around the worldâ€. In this discussion, you will consider theories of intelligence. Be sure to use your own academic voice and apply in-text citations appropriately throughout your post.
- Read â€œCultural explorations of human intelligence around the worldâ€ (Sternberg (2002).
- Select a famous person (or fictional character) who you believe epitomizes successful intelligence as outlined in the textbook and assigned readings.
- Choose and describe specific characteristics or behaviors of this person that support your selection with regard to analytical, creative, and practical abilities.
- Explain how both nature and nurture (including social and cultural factors) may have played a role in the development of this individualâ€™s intelligence.
- Relate whether the theory of multiple intelligences might better characterize your selected individual.
- Predict whether this person would do well on a standard intelligence test, based on what you have read. Give examples of alternate means of measuring intelligence.
- Remember to use your own academic voice and apply in-text citations appropriately throughout your post.
Post your initial response of 250 words or more