To complete each of the three essays, you should:
- The essay is worth 50 points.
- Explain what mitigation is, and how it differs from other emergency management disciplines, describe three mitigation tools, and describe their benefits and shortcomings, and name three impediments to mitigation, and describe each using a real or fictitious scenario within a state or local jurisdiction. Military applications should not be used as they operate differently.
- Write a short essay, 2-3 typewritten or computer-generated pages, 12 font in Times New Roman.
Each of your three essays must include:
- A Title Page
- Abstract that summarizes the essay
- General Introduction of the topic
- Research the web and others sources for your responses.
- Discuss the topic required.
- Analyze what you have learned and evaluate it expressing your thoughts and supported opinions on the topic.
- Suggest changes in the topic based on society’s needs today
- Reference page, using APA style (www.apa.org (Links to an external site.))
You must demonstrate that you understand the terminology and the concepts used. You must write using APA format for all source citations in both the body of the essay and in the reference page.
Does Not Meet Expectations
No Evidence of Expectations
Research of Topics/ 3-4 resources other than Text Book
Explanation of Emergency Management Phase
Evaluation and Examples used
Comparison between common law and statute
Meets all Criteria
Does Not Meet APA
Citations and Reference Page/ in APA
Paper Format/ in APA
Use of Title page, abstract, body/ in APA