type 1-2 page (typewritten) research paper on the issue of voting rights for convicted felons in Texas. Your paper must meet the following requirements:
1) Identify and explain the current TEXAS law regarding the voting rights of the following types of Texas citizens:
a. Those currently incarcerated;
b. Those released from prison but who are still on parole;
c. Those who are ex-convicts and have completed their parole.
2) Explain as to whether you think which, if any or all, of these laws should be changed. Give specific reasons for your position.
3) Describe who may or may not benefit from the position you take in 2) above. Consider the impact on political parties, or on candidates for various Texas State offices and also consider the impact in other areas, e.g., economic, political, social.
4) List at least two things you could do in order to engage the political process in Texas in pursuit of your position in 2) above.
5) Cite at least three (3) reliable, quality references from the media and/or the internet within the body of the paper using the parenthetical citation style (see below for link). One of the citations MUST come from the class textbook (-10 point penalty points if this is not done), and NONE may be from ANY encyclopedia, including Wikipedia (-10 point penalty if this is done). For full credit, you must have three sources and at least three citations.
You must also have a properly formatted reference section at the end of the paper. The paper’s in-text citations AND works cited section must conform to the format found in the examples from this website: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citation… (be sure to click on the Author-Date tab!).
you must be very careful when they examine internet websites and provide at minimum the author/publisher, date published or accessed, and the title of the article or website. The URL should also be available.
All written assignments must be typed, in 12-point font, and double-spaced.