UNIT 7 TEXT QUESTIONS
- Explain the relationship between mental health and physical health.
- If you have a lot to do, should you count on caffeine to give you the boost that you need? Explain your answer.
- How does positive thinking contribute to overall health?
- What role do the media play in health?
- How does exercise benefit the cardiovascular system?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Discuss an example of how you could consider your environment when building a personal health plan.
- Explain why healthy relationships are part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Imagine that you are on your way to work and your car breaks down. How could positive thinking help you handle this situation?
- Which of the techniques to relieve stress described in the unit are you most likely to use? Explain your answer.
- Why is it important to understand that starting a new exercise might come with some discomfort in the beginning?
Please post questions and answers on the Unit 7 discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
1. What piece of health advice have you been given that you have found really helpful? Explain why this advice was so useful when you share it with the class.
2. Find an example of a chronic condition on the Internet, and review the website of an organization that supports those with this condition. Explain how the condition impacts a person’s daily life and what others can do to help those with this condition. Include the website you reviewed in your answer.