- Weight: 11% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 01/08/2019 11:59 PM (CST)
Using the state in which you live (or another state of your choice), create a PowerPoint presentation explaining the state election and campaign process, party politics, and legislative organization and procedure. Using the CSU Online Library as a resource, you will also need to include information on gerrymandering and its impact (or lack thereof) in your state.
You have two options for presenting your material, which have been explained below:
Option 1: Create a detailed PowerPoint of 10–14 slides, not including the title and reference slides.
must include the following information:
- a title slide including your name and the state you selected;
- a political party structure;
- the types of primaries utilized in your chosen state;
- state party organizations;
- state government structure;
- campaign methods of a state candidate/incumbent;
- the makeup of your state legislature (e.g., gender, age, profession);
- apportioning and districting information;
- the legislative institutionalization of your state;
- the party issues in your state; and
- three to four pictures, maps, or graphs.
Your slides or presentation should include explanations of the aforementioned points. Please do not copy and paste lists of senators and representatives into your slides. You may include additional information that you feel is relevant, but do not create more than 14 slides. Use your creativity, and organize the material in a logical and understandable manner.
Use APA formatting for all paraphrased and quoted material. Utilize the CSU Online Library for at least one of your sources.