The purpose of this project is to give students an opportunity to appreciate the role of the IT in the real world of hospitality and tourism industry.
Requirements:Investigate a hospitality-and-tourism-related company and write a case study of the role of the information technology in marketing and business operation in the company.
A case study should contain at least the following components:
- The purpose of your case study (why understanding the role of technology for business is so important)
- Introduction of the company (nature of business, size of business, number of employees, date of establishment of the business and other related information)
- Current use of technology
- Historical use of the technology
- Who is (are) in charge of the technology (outsourcing or in-house?) and why
- Specific technology and/or programs used
- Benefits of the use of the technology (how the company gains from using technology)
- Specific examples of the use of the technology (at least three examples)
- Problems and issues in the use of the technology and how they deal with them
- How much does the management like the technology and why?
- Your observations, comments and conclusions
Minimum Pages: 5 (double space, 12 point)See attached grading rubric