For this assignment, you will listen to one (1) podcast episode OR watch one (1) TedTalk video of your choosing and write at least a 500-word response summarizing and commenting on the important issue in public health discussed throughout the episode.
Part 1: A Summary of the Work
Identify the source, title, and date of the podcast episode or video, including the speakers.
Identify the main problem or issue that the podcast episode or video is addressing.
Summarize the three (3) main ideas and key supporting points of the episode or video.
- Use direct quotations from the work to illustrate important ideas.
Keep the summary objective and factual. Do not include your personal reaction to the work in the first part of the paper; your subjective impression will form the basis of the second part of your paper.
Part 2: Your Reaction to the Work
Focus on the following questions:
Why is the problem or topic discussed important or interesting?
- How is the podcast episode related to your life, experiences, feelings, and ideas? What emotions did the episode arouse in you?
- How does the podcast episode relate to the ideas and concerns discussed in this course? What points made in the textbook, class discussions, or lectures are discussed throughout the episode?
- How did the podcast episode increase your understanding of a particular issue or change your perspective in any way?
- You should also indicate whether or not you would recommend the podcast to others and why.