For this assignment, you will need to reference the following Spectral Analysis document. Click the link to access the document.
Using the Spectral Analysis document as a reference, answer the following questions.
- What kind of spectra are those in Group A? What kind are Group B?
- Explain what physical phenomenon might produce spectra like Group A, and what different phenomenon would produce spectra like Group B.
- There is a third type of spectrum. Name it, and explain what causes that kind.
- Notice that the solar spectrum in Group B has a line labeled “1,” a set of lines labeled “2,” and a line labeled “3.” Referring back to Group A, identify the element that corresponds to each of these sets of lines (a different element for each set).
- Using the sun as a reference point for the “normal” positions for spectral lines, identify whether each of the other spectra in Group B is red-shifted or blue-shifted.
(The file uploaded is the one to be linked to my assignment to answer the questions)