I’m working on a social science discussion question and need support to help me learn.
Discussion 1(a) Your text describes the internship as a journey. Moreover, Sweitzer and King present the intern role as one of active engagement with the experience (2019, p. 13). You have been on a similar journey once already. How can you apply your experience to maintain, enhance, and expand your level of engagement on the next part of your journey?
In this Discussion, you reflect on your ability to apply skills to foster engagement.
- Describe the attitudes and skills that promote engaged learning.
- Identify your strengths and your challenges as an engaged learner.
- Explain how you will work toward growth and development in the areas you identified as challenges.
Discussion 1(b)Challenges will arise in field placement. Often, challenges turn into barriers that minimize our motivation and leave us feeling disconnected. Once these feelings take hold, the learning process halts. Your supervisor can provide assistance when you are faced with challenges in the placement. Sweitzer and King (2019) outline a number of steps to take when solving problems and changing situations. They outline an eight-step process of change. In this Discussion, you apply skills and strategies to challenges in the field education experience.
To prepare: Review the “Metamodel for Breaking through Barriers: Eight Steps to Creating Change” section of your course text.
- Identify a challenge that you may be having in your field placement.
- Explain how you will use the metamodel process to work toward change so that your learning can continue.
- Be sure to give specifics on what you will do to incorporate the change steps