Greenhouse Gases and Sea Level Rise Laboratory
[WLO: 3] [CLOs: 1, 3, 5]
This lab enables you to create models of sea level rise resulting from melting of sea ice and glacier ice and examine the effects of this potential consequence of climate change.
Take the required photos and complete all parts of the assignment (calculations, data tables, etc.). On the “Lab Worksheet,” answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section. Finally, transfer all of your answers and visual elements from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report.” You will submit both the “Lab Report” and the “Lab Worksheet” through Waypoint.
Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Read the The Scientific Method (Links to an external site.)presentation video. and review
- Complete Activities 1 and 2 using materials in your kit, augmented by additional materials that you will supply. Photograph each activity following these instructions:
- When taking lab photos, you need to include in each image a strip of paper with your name and the date clearly written on it.
- Activity 2, Step 12 will require you to make a line graph. Should you desire further guidance on how to construct a graph, it is recommended that you review the lab manual. (You are not expected to complete any of the activities in this manual.)
- Complete all parts of the and answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section.
- Transfer your responses to the lab questions and data tables and your photos from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report” by downloading the .