To prepare for this Project:
- Consider insights gained about the effectiveness of publicity campaigns from this week’s Learning Resources and Discussion.
- With the potential solutions and steps you identified in the
Literature Review in mind, as well as other relevant information you
gained through your research, consider how you might most effectively
reach out to the public for support on this issue on Black Lives Matter.
- What message or messages would you craft? To whom would they be addressed?
- How would you deliver your message(s) to most effectively
reach the intended audience(s)? Consider the pros and cons of all forms
of information dissemination. These include the Internet (websites,
blogs, social media sites), print ads, TV and radio ads, PowerPoint
presentations, community posters and pamphlets, billboards, speaker
presentations, community gatherings, and phone campaigns.
By Day 7
In a 2- to 3-page paper, describe your proposed overall
approach and process for publicizing your social issue on Black Lives Matter. Address the
following, making sure to support your statements with references to
this week’s required readings:
- Briefly describe the social issue, which is Black Lives matter, and what you would like to achieve through this publicity campaign.
- To whom would you reach out? Why? (Note: Think creatively about the support you would most like to have and most need.)
- How would you reach out? What methods would you use to inform and inspire? Why?
- Are there any groups or individuals with whom you would most like to connect? Why?
- What messages would you incorporate into your campaign? Why do
you think this messaging would resonate with potential interested
individuals or groups? (Note: Messaging can be different for different intended audiences.)
- In launching this campaign, what would be the first step you would take and why?
- In a conclusion to this essay, explain why you believe that this
approach will be successful. Be sure to align your rationale to the
- Be sure to include an introduction, body, conclusion, and reference page, using APA format to cite each of your sources in the body of your paper.