Having identified a health problem relevant to your current or future nursing practice and reviewed the literature to support nursing standards, decision making, and improvement strategies, you should now plan an intervention to address the chosen health problem based on the research you conducted.
Construct a plausible plan that leverages the best practices and research collected to date as well as additional research into similar projects that you find in the literature. Be sure to frame your plan within the context of the health care setting in which you are completing your practicum hours. Incorporate relevant site-specific processes and policies into your implementation plan.
Use the Plan Proposal Template [DOC] to complete this assessment.
As you develop your plan, be sure to address the following:
- Collaboration and communication with patients and colleagues to improve health outcomes.
- Governmental or organizational policies that could affect the plan.
- Quality and safety improvement strategies.
- Technology at the site that could be leveraged.
Scoring Guide Criteria
- Propose a plan, referencing relevant existing and newly created processes, to implement an intervention to improve quality and safety, and reduce costs within the context of a chosen health problem.
- Analyze technology within a chosen health care practice context to support a proposed plan.
- Explain the ways in which existing governmental or organizational policies could impact the proposed plan.
- Explain strategies for communicating and collaborating with patients and interprofessional teams to improve health outcomes.
- Communicate professionally in writing that is clear, logically organized, and uses correct grammar, spelling, and APA style.
- Length of submission: Use the provided template. Most submissions will be 3 to 5 pages. You do not need to include a title page. Be sure to complete the reference page at the end of the template.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence that support your central ideas. Resources should be no more than five years old.
- APA formatting: Make sure that in-text citations and reference list follow current APA style.