Using your thesis statement and research, present the problem that needs to be addressed with your proposed solution. Note: Your solution, advantages, and challenges, will be in Parts 2 and 3. You are only detailing the problem and making sure the reader thoroughly understands the need to read the next two (2) parts of your paper.
I also attached the proposal of the paper as well to use for reference.
Write a three to four (3-4) page draft in which you:
- Provide an appropriate title and an interesting opening paragraph to appeal to your stated audience (appeal with logic, ethics, or emotion).
- Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement in the first paragraph. (Revised from instructor feedback on Assignment 1.)
- Describe the history and status of the issue and provide an overview of the problem(s) that need to be addressed. You should break the issue down into multiple parts (called â€œproblemsâ€ for this assignment). For example, if you were writing about jaywalking in a busy city, some of the problems associated could be (1) the lack of available crosswalks, (2) issues with technology like Walk/Donâ€™t Walk signs and mobile phones, and (3) peopleâ€™s disregard of established laws due to a sense of self-importance. There are several other problems that could be associated with this issue, but those are some ideas. This section should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
- Explain the first problem and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
- Explain the second problem and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
- Explain the third problem and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
- Provide a paragraph that summarizes the stated problems and promises a solution. Do not explain the solution in this paragraph!
- Develop a coherently structured draft that follows the structure outlined above.
- Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences throughout the paper.
- Support claims with at least three (3) quality, relevant references. Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer Universityâ€™s Resource Center. You may use additional resources as needed. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.