All Students must answer question #1. From the remaining 4 questions, choose 1 additional question and answer that question. It is suggested to use textbook or course reading documents to support your claims. Be sure to cite sources where appropriate.
- Describe three factors that help to influence our nation’s focus on natural or man-made disasters.
- What issues have been raised concerning some of the authorities granted to government agencies in the PATRIOT Act? How have those issues been addressed?
- Should FEMA fall under DHS, or should it be its own cabinet level organization? Why?
- Define Mitigation and Preparedness. Compare and contrast the ideas of each, and give examples to highlight your statements.
- Compare and contrast two natural disasters. Provide examples on how they are similar and different regarding early detection, mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
Journal submission requirements:
- Each answer should be two typed, double spaced pages.
- Use the normal standard of 12-font, double-spaced, Times New Roman.