Discharge Plan and Placement of Elderly Patient
Nursing Task 2:
This paper proposes a discharge plan for 72-year-old Henry Trosack who is being discharged after undergoing a Total Hip Replacement (THR) surgery.
Steps to follow before patients discharge:
Section A: Assessment of the Situation
1. What are the most critical issues for consideration during assessment of the patient?
2. Why are these considerations important?
3. Interdisciplinary Team
4. Issues from the safety assessment that could affect the determination of discharge placement
Part B: Discharge Plan of Care
1. Social Isolation
2. Psychological Factors in Recovery Process
3. Recommended Discharge Placement for Mr. Trosack