- Part of health promotion is meeting a patient at their definition of health. One person’s health goals and possibilities may differ from another’s.
Assume you are a nurse at a community health clinic. Your supervisor has asked you to prepare a summary of definitions of health for the clinic’s staff.
Search the internet for representations of various definitions of health in populations like newborn babies, a healthy older adult, or a person in a wheelchair or with another physical disability.
Based on your research, write a 525-word summary of your findings in which you:
- Describe 6 representations of definitions of health for the following types of individuals:
- Newborn babies
- Healthy adult Asian woman over age 55
- Disabled 35-year-old African American male veteran
- Pre-teen White female entering middle school
- Sexually active 20-something Hispanic male
- Obese 75-year-old White male living with debilitating arthritis
- Explain the importance of meeting a patient at their definition of health.
- Submit your assignment.