You will examine the requirements for negotiability, under the provisions of the UCC.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain how the Uniform Commercial Code governs commercial transactions.
- Determine whether a note is a negotiable instrument under the provisions of the UCC.
- Determine who will prevail in an action to recover an amount owed, under the provisions of the UCC.
- Competency 6: Communicate professionally, according to the expectations of the field of accounting.
- Express main points, arguments, concepts, and information coherently and logically.
Analyze Business Case 25-5, “Negotiability,” located on page 477 of your textbook. Prepare a professional-caliber brief on the case, based on the information provided.
- State the facts of the case and the key issues.
- Cite the code or statute provisions applicable to the case.
- Determine whether the note is a negotiable instrument under the UCC, then decide who will prevail in this case. Explain your reasoning.
- Express your main points, arguments, concepts, and information coherently and logically.
- Cover page: Include your name, the assignment number, and the assignment or case title.
- Length: 1–2 double-spaced pages, not including the cover page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA guidelines.