- Describe the moment captured in
Leonardo’s Last Supper painting, and discuss the reasons why disciples
are shown on the same side of the table. Describe the most well-known
techniques that Leonardo used to give more realism to the painting.
Next, discuss one (1) of Leonardo’s inventions (or proposed inventions)
that most fascinates or surprises you, and explain why.
Leonardo da Vinci
- Chapter 14 (pp. 489-492), art of da Vinci; review Week 7 Music Folder
- Partial restoration of the Last Supper at http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/LeonardoLastSupper.htm
- Images, article, and 16th century copy of the Last Supper at http://www.abcgallery.com/L/leonardo/leonardo4.html
- Leonardo’s work in science and invention at http://www.museoscienza.org/english/leonardo/models-exhibited (scroll down to thumbnail photos; click to enlarge and read more information)