assistance with above question
Postincident review allows emergency managers, first responders, and allied professionals the opportunity to learn from past mistakes and reinforce positive adaptive behaviors. In the past decade, there have been many disasters where the effects of the hazard impact were exacerbated by either the failure or lack of adequate planning methods.
Select one natural, technological, or human-caused disaster that has occurred in the past 20 years. A few examples include:
1. Hurricane Harvey
2. Japan disaster (nuclear power plant, earthquake, and tsunami)
3. Thomas, California fire (2017)
4. Colorado floods, Boulder county and surrounding areas (2013)
Students must obtain approval for their proposed disaster study by the instructor before completing the assignment. You can contact your instructor in the Class Questions in the Learning Management System. No more than two students will be approved for the same disaster.
Once your proposal is accepted, write a 1,000-1,250 word essay that includes the following:
1. Briefly describe the disaster event.
2. Discuss the failure of or lack of effective planning measures.
3. Provide a summary of after-action lessons learned from this event.
4. In your viewpoint, recommend how specific planning measure would prevent future planning failures to limit losses and ensure continuity of operations. Cite relevant emergency management sources to defend your claims.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.