Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In this discussion board, you will investigate how our memory works. Did you ever wonder why a certain scent can remind you of a specific event from your past? Why you forget where we placed your car or house keys? This assignment will allow you to explore and gain insight on questions you may had about the workings of your memory. Please address the following:
- In your own words, discuss the three types of memories: sensory, short-term and long-term memories.
- Provide one personal example of a sensory memory.
- Provide one personal example of a short-term memory.
- Provide 1 personal example of a type of procedural memory (long-term memory). Make sure you explain how it’s example of a procedural memory.
- Provide 1 personal example of each type of a declarative memory (long-term memory): One type of semantic memory and one type of episodic memory. Make sure you explain how it’s example of a declarative memory.
- Discuss 1 new insight you learned about your memory.
- 300-500 words written as an essay
- 2 100 peer responses
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
- Incorporated at least 1 outside resource and cited your sources following APA format