Process & Submittals
P1.1 Read and Analyze text â€“ Read Origins of the Dwelling Hut by Vitruvius, Analyze the story in terms of â€œthree act structureâ€ identifying the divisions and turning points in the story. Identify five themes within the story that â€˜resonateâ€™ and could be developed further. Record your analysis in your sketchbook.
P1.2 Read and take graphic notes â€“ Read Preface and Education of the Architect by Vitruvius. Take notes in your sketchbook including:
- ï‚· vocabulary list: identify new words and concepts (min. 15), provide brief definition
- ï‚· outline with short synopsis (1â€2 sentences) for each section/paragraph
- ï‚· graphic notes â€“ i.e. diagrams illustrating concepts and relationships
- P1.3 Summary, Script and Storyboard â€“ Prepare to create a graphic novel based on the Vitruvius story. It is important that you develop a point of view based on your understanding of the most important theme or themes found in the story. Your rendition will use the retelling of a common story to emphasize architectural values that you consider important. In preparation for the graphic Novel prepare in your sketchbook:
- ï‚· a 3-4 sentence plot summary
- ï‚· one-page script,
- ï‚· storyboard (this is a rough diagram of the layout, not the finished product.