From e-commerce sites to banking and government databases, the public trusts that their information is secure once they’ve set up a password-protected account. When data breaches occur, it can cause serious security issues, such as when Equifax’s data breech impacted 147 million Americans.
You are the HR manager of a major financial institution, and one of your junior employees reported that her corporate email account was hacked after she accepted an email from a fraudulent source. After this attack, a virus was placed in the server of your organization providing access of the databank of your organization to the hackers.
Compose a 750-word report for the Vice President of Human Resources regarding the incident. Determine how you will manage the legal and ethical issues associated with the incident by completing the following in your Security Breach report:
- Summarize how the security breach occurred and the accounts that have been hacked.
- Determine a notification process to the customers impacted by the security breach that includes recommendations for customers impacted by the security breach on how to secure their accounts.
- Devise a plan to report the incident to government authorities and to hire a cyber security contractor to restore the server security.
- Determine a communication plan to notify internal employees of the incident and address related employee expectations.
- Recommend a training plan for employees on cyber security.
- Recommend how to monitor related employee expectations and to prevent a similar incident from happening in the future.
Please utilize American based resources as this is an American based company.