Imagine that you have been hired to offer consultation to a law enforcement organization seeking to select a pool of internal candidates for special operations assignments involving dangerous, long-term undercover enforcement operations. The hiring managers believe that this process should begin with a personality test. They are seeking individuals with high integrity who are able to maintain the complexities of deceit involved in undercover work, while maintaining ethical standards. Prepare a white paper in which you discuss the following:
- What is the best instrument available to test personality? Why?
- Can personality tests be skewed by the individual being tested?
- What does the research literature tell us about the relationship between personality and job performance?
- What personality traits may contribute to positive and negative outcomes for undercover law enforcement operations? Is there a restricted range for prediction accuracy in terms of job success?
- What are the concerns of using personality tests for individuals from diverse ethnic, age, and gender groups?
- As an I/O consultant, how would you apply the results of personality testing to develop a strategy to develop a pool of viable candidates? Are there better alternatives to fulfill the organizational need?If yes, what are they? If no, why?
Length: 5-7 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to the topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.