do a VIRTUAL tour of a museum. I recommend the British Museum, the Getty, the Vatican Museums, the Rijksmuseum, and the Museum of Contemporary Art of South Korea. Just Google “art museum virtual tours” to find some that might interest you.
For full credit, you need two things:
- A short response paper about a specific piece currently on display at the museum. The guidelines for this paper are below.
- In this paper, please consider ideas such as the dominant visual elements, design principles, history of the artist, and any symbolism or meaning associated with the piece. This will require a little extra research.
- Describe the piece.
- Why do you think the artist created it?
- Why do you like it? Maybe you don’t. Tell me why, too!
- The paper should be around 500 words (around a full page), but is fairly informal. Yes, I will grade for spelling and grammar.
- It should be in .doc or .pdf format.
- A screenshot of the piece or a favorite wing of the museum