- Research one test that would be done on a patient with PERFUSION ISSUES.
- What is the test, how is it performed, & nursing implications (pre, during and post care).
- Write this information up in paper addressing each of the items LISTED IN NUMBER 2 ABOVE. You must have a heading for each item that is addressed so that it is easy to find in the written report.
- No two students are to select the same topic.
- Please note that you must reference where you obtained your information from.
The assignment is only considered satisfactory if all of the directions have been followed. Paper is to be a minimum of two typed pages that are double spaced. Paper is not to exceed five typed pages. Must be written in APA format.
Possible Report Topics:
-PET scan (Positron emission tomography)
-Carotid Artery Duplex Scans
-Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) insertion
-cardiac enzymes/ lab draw- example: Troponins
-Lab work- CK-MB levels/ creatine kinase and myoglobin levels- YES, DO THEM ALL
-Lab work- Natriuretic peptides and SGPT or also known as ALT- YES, DO THEM ALL
-Lab work- LDH/lactrose dehydrogenase and SGOT (also called AST)- YES, DO BOTH
-Cardiovascular Autonomic Reflex Test