Modern technology and the subsequent flow of information have created an era of unprecedented transparency in all sectors of society including higher education. This transparency has brought to the forefront the need for higher education leaders to act ethically even when faced with governmental interventions with which they disagree. In this assignment, you will discuss the ethical implications of higher education leaders responding to governmental interventions that could be characterized as detrimental to the institution.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you discuss the ethical implications of higher education leaders responding to governmental interventions that could be characterized as detrimental to the institution. Include the following in your paper:
- A research-based description of a recent governmental intervention that could be characterized as detrimental to a higher education institution.
- A research-based discussion of the institution’s potential responses to the intervention and the likely consequences of each response. Is there a way to ethically oppose the intervention?
- A research-based discussion of the response that you identified above that is the most ethical response. Is the most ethical response also the best response for the institution in the short term? Does that response produce long-term benefits that could offset potential short-term losses?