Essay Questions for Chapter 9 and 10
For each of the Essay Questions below, you must answer it with a full paragraph. A full paragraph is 6-8 sentences and lets me know that you completely understand the concept.
One and two sentence answers will be given 0 points. Additionally, this is not a Cut and Paste exercise. The only way I know that you understand the concept is if you explain it to me in your own words.
- Briefly describe the similarities among Native Americans. Give specific examples.
- Explain the verbal and non-verbal communication is Native American communities. Give specific examples.
- Explain some of the issues that have come with acculturation to mainstream society? Give specific examples.
- What are some of the key issues between law enforcement and Native Americans? Give specific examples.
- Who has jurisdiction on Indian Country? Why does this create its own set of issues?
- What is the definition of a gang?
- What are the most common gangs? Name and briefly explain each one.
- What is human trafficking? Who are the victims?
- What is the definition of homelessness? What are the quality of life issues?
- Describe the proactive response strategies between police and people with mental illness.