DISCUSSION, DUE THURSDAY AT MIDNIGHT(EXTENDED):
Question (300 WORDS MINIMUM, use powerpoint and lecture to help answer the questions in addition to your own research)
Q1. Assume there is concern that the United States May experience a recession. How would the Federal Reserve influence the dollar to prevent a recession? How might U.S. exporters react to this policy (favorably or unfavorably?) What about U.S. importing firms?
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 2 QUESTIONS, DUE SATURDAY AT MISNIGHT:
- Cite all your sources per APA (both in the body and at the end of the report)
- Professional papers are written in passive voice or as a third person. Omit â€œIâ€, â€œweâ€.
- Quality is more important than quantity. Approximate length of this report should be 2 pages, answering the following 2 questions.
- The currencies of some Latin American countries depreciate against the U.S. dollar on a daily basis. What do you think is the major factor that places such severe downward pressure on the value of these currencies? What obvious change in Latin American economic policy is needed to prevent further depreciation of Latin American currencies?
- In the 1990s, Russia was attempting to import more goods but had little to offer other countries in terms of potential exports. In addition, Russiaâ€™s inflation rate was high. Explain the type of pressure that these factors placed on the Russian currency.