My assigned number was 4 which is: Indications & contraindications for TPA use
Each student will be assigned a number randomly. Whatever your number is, select the corresponding topic below, then post a minimum of 5 bullet points about the topic.
Your bullet points should address key components of the topic, such as what, how, who, & why. This information should not be basic things you learned in Med/Surg, but rather advanced critical care based. For example, with Posturing: discuss what causes postering, how do you assess postering, what disease processes cause different types of postering, why is it vital for a critical care nurse to understand the physiology of posturing.
Think about this as a group effort to create a study guide. Use ONLY your textbook, but do not cut & paste from the book.
Then create, find, or borrow a test style question about your topic & post at the bottom of your bullet points. The format needs to be multiple choice or select all that apply. Think NCLEX style.
Each week include a paragraph with the results from one of your weekly interviews.
Discussion post assignments are worth 20 points each as follows:
- 5 points for the quality of your bullet points.
- 5 points for the quality of your question.
- 5 points for answering the question of a peer as your response.
- 5 points for the quality of your rationale.
- Quality is defined as thorough and thoughtful while demonstrating professional level knowledge of the topic