For this Discussion you will write an essay to address the requirements described below. Your essay must be carefully planned and written using well-constructed sentences and paragraphs. Make sure that your grammar and spelling are correct. Points will be awarded for content as well as composition. Your essay must be a minimum of 1 page in length with standard 1 inch margins and include the textbook as a resource. Read this resource from the KU Writing Center on how to you cite your sources in APA format: https://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/WritingCenter/WritingReferenceLibrary/ResearchCitationAndPlagiarism/BasicCitationGuidelines.aspx
Assignments must be submitted as a MicrosoftÂ® WordÂ® document and as an attachment or in your post to the Unit 8 Discussion Forum.
Scenario: You are a consultant with expertise in project management strategies. Select a possible project management situation from your current or future professional experience. As a project management consultant, you are tasked with developing a project management plan for this project. Your goal is to maximize the time, resources and finances associated with the project in the best interests of the business/company. You will need to write a professional memo to the business/company owner describing the management of the project.
Your essay should include:
- Create the PERT/CPM activity network for your project that includes at least five activities and at least one predecessor activity.
- Estimate the optimistic, most likely, and pessimistic times to then determine an expected time for each activity.
- Determine all activities that are on the critical path.
- Identify the slack time (if any) associated with activities in the project.
- Create a Gantt chart to show the project timeline.
Address the following questions in your essay:
- What is the overall timeline for this project?
- What activities are critical for established timeline of the project?
- What activities have flexibility in completion that would not impact the overall project timeline?
- What time, resources and money might be affected by any changes to activities throughout the project?
- What recommendations would you suggest to prioritize the companyâ€™s time, resources and money with regards to the project?
Suggested Guidelines for Secondary Reponses:
First Response to a Classmate’s post: Review one of your classmatesâ€™ post. Further the math conversation by responding in a professional manner in the role of the business owner.
Second Response to a Classmate’s post:
Review a different classmatesâ€™ post. Further the math conversation by identifying any additional variables that have may have been overlooked or added into the project. How would this change the overall project timeline?