In this assignment, you will use the information you gathered for your Week 2 discussion of Adolf Hitler and his followers, along with the information you have read regarding Winston Churchill, to identify current leaders that appear to be on similar paths to greatness or disaster. Before beginning this assignment, review the Concepts of Leadership (Links to an external site.) to understand the broad concepts of leadership (n.d.).
For this assignment, choose a current bad leader who exhibits some similarity to Hitler, and explain how bad followers have made that current leader possible. Draw analogies with Hitlerâ€™s followers to support your analysis. Then explain what a good leader could do to help people to resist your chosen bad leader. Similarly, choose a current positive leader who exhibits some similarity to Winston Churchill. Explain how this current positive leader has not only rallied support locally but worldwide for their views. Finally, make a prediction for how you feel these contemporary leaders will be remembered in the future, if at all. Your entire paper should be three to four pages long.
Remember that there is no single right or wrong answer to this question. On the other hand, while there are many good answers to this question, not every answer is good. Demonstrate your understanding of the course concepts by making compelling and supporting arguments.
In your paper,
- Assess the leadership attributes in Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler.
- Compare the leadership attributes of Churchill and Hitler to your selected world leaders.
- Describe at least three similar traits your selected leaders share with Churchill and Hitler.
- Create a hypothesis for how your selected leaders will be remembered by future generations.
The Contemporary Leaders paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford Library and two scholarly and/or credible web sources in addition to the required course materials.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- For help locating scholarly sources in the Ashford University Library, review the Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.) For help selecting scholarly and or credible web resources review Evaluating Web Resources (Links to an external site.).
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.