for this assignment please complete the quiz it is 10 questions multiple choice.
- Which of the following is correct?Chromosomes are created by mitosis and genes are created by meiosis.Humans have thousands of chromosomes per cell.Humans have 46 chromosomes in each cell except the sperm and ova.Genes are smaller versions of chromosomes.
- The process of cell division that creates reproductive cells (sperm, ova) is calledmitosismeiosisdifferentiationcleavage
- How many chromosomes does a Down syndrome child have?46474849
- Tracy and Grant are both carriers for cystic fibrosis. What are the chances that their child will be a carrier for the disease?40%50%25%100%
- The Human Genome Project is one of the largest scientific projects ever funded by the federal government. Its purpose is tomap out the entire structure of human genes.map out the progress of prenatal development.determine how genes influence behavior.prevent diseases.
- Most inherited characteristics are carried on the 22 pairs of chromosomes calledandrospermsex chromosomesautosomesgametes
- All cells in the human body have the same number of chromosomes except thelivergenebrainsex
- What structures contain the information that guides development?geneschromosomeszygotesalleles
- A gene whose code is not expressed unless a similar allele is present is called a(n)recessive gene.dominant gene.allele.zygote.
- In a normal male,there are two X chromosomes present in the autosomes.there is an X and Y chromosome present in the autosomes.there are two X chromosomes in the 23rd pair of chromosomes on the karyotype.there is an X and Y chromosome in the 23rd pair of chromosomes on the karyotype.
Click Save and Submit to save and submit. Click Save Al