This project involves a mix of individual and group activities. Each student will assume the role of a key member of the management of the organization described in the case. You can assign the roles within the group.
The roles are
- chief financial officer
- ***** chief of medical services**** this is my role
- human resources manager
- marketing manager
- chief legal/ethics officer
â€œAs (insert your role assigned for the group work) of (insert your Hospital) , you are responsible for providing guidance and leadership to your health care employees. You hold monthly meetings for high-level staff to address employee and other concerns. In your most recent staff meeting, you focused on trends that are alarming to you: a rising employee turnover rate and declining morale among staff. What leadership competencies are needed to reverse these trends? Propose a plan for the hospital that answers each of the questions below. The plan should include a short executive summary, a section with a heading for each question, and a conclusion that speaks to prioritization and implementation.
- What strategies can you use to improve employee morale?
- What strategies can you use to make sure that turnover doesn’t affect the bottom line (patients)?
- How can you enhance communication among your staff to support staff needs and to ensure quality of care for patients?
- High turnover often stems from a lack of managerial support and professional development. What training/professional development programs will you encourage or require your high-level staff to complete? Your lower-level staff? Will you train all staff in the same manner?
- How can you involve your senior staff members in fostering continuous learning and training among employees at every level?
Will you open up your staff meetings so that all employees can attend? Explain your answer.
What expectations have been set forth for staff members? Are these realistic? Should they be changed?â€
Part 1: Individual Analysis
On your own, you will develop a solution to the case based on what works best for your role. The solution will include:
- an overall statement of the management challenge presented by the case
- a statement of the facts of the case
- a proposal that addresses the challenge and that states what would be best from the perspective of your role
- a defense of the proposal
This part of the project should require 2 â€“ 4 pages of text.
Written projects must:
- be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, with margins no wider than one inch
- have a title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructorâ€™s name.
- all the submissions must be in your own words, with correctly cited direct quotes and paraphrases taking no more than 15% of the text.
- have a bibliography of sources used. You may not cite Wikipedia as a research source.
- be prepared using word processing software (Microsoft Word preferred). Projects maynot be submitted in .pdf or .docm
- Note: Paper should be in APA format with no plagiarism
Student clearly displays superior understanding of the course concepts important to the case and conveys this understanding through a professionally prepared written report. Student emphasizes critical thinking skills and uses case and other academic sources to defend responses or provide counterarguments.