Taking things “one step at a time” is an approach that can help clients reframe their understanding of sobriety and relapse prevention. A meaningful way to reinforce this approach is to help clients identify support systems.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- How would you describe a support system to a client?
- What are the advantages to having a support system while in recovery?
- How might a support system reinforce the “one step at a time” approach?
- How would you support a client who is having difficulty locating a support system?
- Research a treatment provider or service in your community and describe 2–3 observations or insights you gleaned from your research.
- What is the role of case management in providing support to a client?
- How does support differ between case managers and counselors?
- How do counselors and case managers work together to support clients?