The perspective of community in behavioral health services has changes over the last serveral decaded. It has evolved from isolation to being community-operated services.
Read the following articles from the EBSCO host database:
- Ahr, P. (2005, January). Community mental health principles: A 40-year case study. Behavioral Health Management, 25(1), 15-17
- Bazemore, P. (2005, July). When state hospitals were communities. Behavioral Health Management, 25(4), 10-12
- Oss, M. (2004, May). All roads lead to community-based care. Behavioral Health Management, 24(2), 6
- Edwards, D. J. (2005). The Behavioral Health Industry. Behavioral Health Management, 25(3), 49
Review the articles to create a synopsis on the perspective of community in behavioral health services. In the synopsis, make sure to include the following pointers;
- Compare and contrast the differences between the isolation principles of institutional care and the present-day community-based services.
- Analyze whether community-based services provide better care and treatment for those diagnosed with persistent mental illness. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze whether there is a purpose behind providing institutional care to individuals diagnosed with persistent mental illness. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Submit your synopsis in a two to three page microsoft word document
- timed roman 12, double space, no plagrism