In this assignment case, you will be applying duty ethics to the Mattel case.
Sethi, S., Veral, E., Shapiro, H., & Emelianova, O. (2011). Mattel, Inc.: Global manufacturing principles (GMP) – A life-cycle analysis of a company-based code of conduct in the toy industry.Journal of Business Ethics, 99(4), 483-517. Retrieved from ProQuest.(See Attached)
Case Assignment/ Requirement
In a well-written, write 5-page paper double space (not including cover and reference pages), apply Duty Ethics to the Mattel case study.
1. Briefly (1-2 paragraphs) describe what is meant by duty ethics.
2. Choose two ethical issues raised by the Mattel case (e.g., Mattel’s treatment of company employees would be a good choice of ethical issues).
3. Apply duty ethics to your two Step 2 choices. How does use of duty ethics as a lens inform the ethical nature of your two choices? Remember that duty ethics concerns duty and rights, so be sure to address both in your written analysis.
4. Be sure to include at least two sources from the library to support your discussion and analysis. (See below)
- Duty-based ethics. (2014). BBC. Retrieved fromhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/introduction/duty_1.sh…
5. Be sure that you properly cite your sources using proper APA style, and use proper in-text citations. Plagiarism will not be tolerated
6. Follow the guidelines in The Student Guide to Writing a High Quality Academic Paper. (See Attached)
7. You are expected to demonstrate evidence of critical thinking – as defined in the background materials and the grading rubric. (See Attached)