Your assignment is to prepare a report for Dr. Nicholas Wagner, Director of Institutional Research at Saginaw Valley State University. The purpose of the report is to provide Dr. Wagner some recommendations on how to improve the likelihood of student success for the freshman class at SVSU.To help with your analysis, the following file contains a real dataset collected from SVSU’s freshman students in the first two weeks after they enter the university.
Your report should contain the following sections:
- Student readiness analysis
- The dataset contains 10 measurements of student readiness for college in columns B-K. The description of each one of them is available in the file.
- In order to analyze this data, you need to create additional columns and recode the data, making low a 1, moderate, a 2, and High a 3 (you can use an IF function to do this). In this format, the highest the number, the more prepared the student is.
- Once the data is recoded, prepare a table in ascending order of the average for each of these 10 measurements.
- A correlation analysis.
- Pick the 10 measurements of students readiness and create a correlation matrix (you need to use the data analysis tools from Excel to do this, you may need to install it).
- Assume that a correlation greater than 0.45 is significant and use Conditional Formatting to highlight those correlations greater than 0.45.
- Provide a potential logical explanation why those correlations are significant.