Using the downloadable software, templates provided, or other preferred software, such as Microsoft Excel:
- Complete a WBS for your project.
Work Breakdown Structure
This list of activities needs to contain enough detail so you can effectively plan and schedule your event.
- Using the completed WBS as a reference, next complete a Gantt chart of your project using the template provided. If you discover in the process you overlooked activities make sure to include them in the WBS.
- In a paper that is a minimum of 2 pages long, identify the Critical Path for your project. Using the WBS and the Gantt chart you constructed for this project analyze how much longer you will need to start planning in advance of your event in order to complete the project? Your submission should follow the essentials of APA (i.e., cover page, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, reference section at the end, in-text citations, etc.).
Would you like information about how to format in APA? Click here.
- Papers should be spell-checked and submitted to Grammarly prior to submitting your paper to the drop box. “Grammarly” is a free service for Rasmussen students. Once you’ve made all of your suggested grammar corrections, submit your paper to the Drop Box, along with your Grammarly PDF report as a separate attachment. Your goal is to obtain a Grammarly score of 90 – 100%.
- Part 2For this part of the Course Project, you will put together a Quality Plan. In order to provide the highest quality experience possible, attendees of the event were surveyed to determine what was most important to them when attending such an event. The result of this survey is listed below:
– 90% of those completing the survey felt that having engaging and dynamic speakers is key to a successful event
– 90% felt that it was important that the accommodations were physically located where the convention is being held; they didn’t want to have to take a bus or a shuttle from their hotel to the convention.
– 85% stated the food provided should be wonderful and meet any dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian or gluten-free.
For your assignment, you will need to do the following:Complete a scope statement for your project (Use may use the templates for Project Scope and Business Objective Worksheet provided). Your project Scope should be at one page in length.Project Scope and Business Objective Worksheet