Your police department has noted a recent increase in criminal activity. Robberies occurring between the hours of 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. have increased by 50%, especially on the weekends. In a majority of cases, the victim reports being alone at the time of the robbery, and had recently left a local drinking establishment. You are responsible for investigating why this increase in crime is occurring so a solution can be implemented to better protect the community.
- Identify the theory (or theories) and the main arguments of the theory that best explain the increase in crime in this scenario.
- Coherently relate the concept(s) and arguments in the theory to the supporting evidence you see with the increase in criminal activity.
- Assess how well the theory or theories explain crime victimization in general.
- Taking into consideration the theory or theories you chose, what steps do you recommend your department take to thwart the criminal activity?
Your well-written essay should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length excluding the cover page and reference pages.
- Include at least two academic sources. And in APA format