After Reading Chapter 2: Culturereadings of Daniel, John D, and Rdebangh, Lee H. International Business, 6h ed., New York, Addision Wesley, 2007. , please continue reading the Case Study at the end of the chapter: Tesco PLC: Leveraging Global Knowledge and answer the following questions at the end of the case study.:
1. The United States and France are more culturally similar to the UK than are Thailand and Malaysia, yet Tesco failed in the former two and has been highly successful in the latter two. How might you explain the difference?
2. What is the role of global teams in sharing best practices across a firm’s global operations? What advice would you give to make the teams more effective?
3. Look at the Tesco PLC website (www.tescoplc.com). What exactly are its businesses and what do you think this tells us about its international strategy today?
4. How would Tesco’s business model translate into policies of recruitment, training and development, and career management across the group?
5. Please make sure you are basing your responses on actual definitions and parameters that have been presented within this or past modules.
Please include the question before your answers.
Please remember to use referencing APA style for your findings.
Daniel, John D and Rdebangh, Lee H. International Business, 6h ed., New York, Addison Wesley, 2007.
Meyer, E. (2014). The Culture Map: Breaking Through the Invisible Boundaries of Global Business. New York, NY: Public Affairs.
Michael R. Czinkota, Iikka A. Ronkainen & Michael H. Moffett., International Business, Cengage Learning, 2008.