Assignment 3: Research Paper – The Foundation
If you have ever asked a question, wondered why something is as it is, or tried to understand an event, you have engaged in research. For this assignment, you will create the first part of your research paper. You should use the headings below for the sections of your paper.
You will craft the framework of your research using the articles you collected and summarized from Assignment 1 and / or other articles you found that relate to your research topic. Assignments 2, 3, and 4 will all build on each other to create one comprehensive research paper. Each time you submit an assignment, your instructor will provide feedback that you can use moving forward with the other parts of the research paper.
Write a seven to ten (7-10) page paper in which you:
- Introduction Section – Describe the:
- Introduction to your topic.
- Purpose of your research.
- Problem statement.
- Literature Review – Summarize the literature you collected related to your topic. (This will mainly be from Assignment 2.)
- Research Question – Identify the:
- Gap(s) in the literature.
- Research question or hypotheses of your topic.
- Proposed theory for your research.
- Include at least six (6) peer-reviewed articles related to your topic.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine the best research methodology for a given educational research topic.
- Conduct a literature review for a given research topic.
- Describe ethical considerations in the research process.
- Write an educational research proposal.
- Interpret educational research results.