Origins of Modern Astronomy
Questions to Answer:
- Describe the geocentric model of the universe that was held by the early Greeks?
- Who compiled the Almagest and described how retrograde motion could fit into the geocentric model?
- What is the heliocentric model and what Polish astronomer developed this model in the 1500’s?
- Who developed three laws of planetary motion and first discovered that the orbits of planets are ellipitical?
- Define each term: a. synodic month b. sidereal month c. solar eclipse d. lunar eclipse