In cybersecurity network defense, it is crucial to assess for system weaknesses. Tools such as a vulnerability scanner can enable security teams to monitor an organization’s infrastructure.
- View “Vulnerability Scanner Installation Lab” within the Video Playlist: Technology Implementation of Security Solutions, located in Class Resources.
- Configure the Kali Linux VM with a static IP Address (192.168.1.13).
- Install Greenbone Vulnerability Manager (GVM) on the Kali Linux VM.
- Perform a full and fast vulnerability scan of the pfSense firewall VM.
- Provide screenshots of the GVM installation steps.
- Generate a GVM Scan Report showing that a scan of the pfSense firewall VM is complete and correct.
- In a Microsoft Word document, provide screenshots of the process. Make sure to describe each screenshot, including lessons learned and/or successes, issues encountered, how to prevent issues in the future, as well as helpful GVM software resources.
- Make sure when submitting the Word document to include the GVM-generated Scan Report PDF.
APA style is not required, but solid technical writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.