The instructions and required materials are below. The link is to a podcast that is required to answer the questions if you prefer to read I have also attached a transcription of that podcast.
Each answer must be a minimum of 7 sentences.
Each answer must reflect critical/thoughtful thinking
Each answer must have supporting evidence, reason, logic – elucidated, or clearly explained.
1. Please summarize three claims that Lauren Peters makes about what she believes in. Give me one claim she makes per each 1/3 of the episode. So one claim from the beginning, one from the middle, and one from the end of the podcast.
2. What evidence does she provide, in general, throughout the podcast? What kind of evidence is it (for example, is it anecdotal, scientific, statistics, etc.)? How does she present it?
3. Do you think her evidence/reasoning is enough to justify belief in her claims? Why or why not?
4. For this question – I argue that all of her claims are beliefs that are not justified enough in order to claim that they are true. I can explain if you’d like, just come talk to me for more information. Regardless, for this question answer one of the following:
a. If you agree with me, then here is your question: Why is this stuff dangerous? Why is it potentially dangerous that so many people people follow these types of beliefs and actually follow her “teachings”? How can we educate people to be more skeptical of claims like the one Ms. Peters makes.
b. If you don’t agree with me, here is your question. Why don’t you agree?
5. Why is skeptical and critical thinking so important with any type of claims, but claims that are similar to this theme (even if you agree with Ms. Peters)? Explain your answer.