Submit an annotated Bibliography on the topic of your Course Project. Be sure to include at least nine sources that have not previously used. The majority of your selections should be peer reviewed academic sources.
Conduct independent research and locate articles (the majority should be peer-reviewed) relevant to your chosen topic for the course project. Select sources that enable you to analyze your topic from these three vantage points:
- Sources that discuss key terms or concepts used in religious studies and how these key terms or concepts limit or enables the study of religion.
- Sources that describe characteristics and applications of religion.
- Sources that describe the function of religion in the lives of individuals.
Your annotated bibliography should do the following:
- Summarize the source: What are the main arguments? What is the point of this book or article? What topics are covered? If someone asked what this article or book is about, what would you say? The length of your annotations will determine how detailed your summary is.
- Assess the source: After summarizing a source, it is helpful to evaluate it. Is it a useful source? How does it compare with other sources in your bibliography? Is the information reliable? Is this source biased or objective? What is the goal of this source?
- Reflect on the source: Once you have summarized and assessed a source, you need to ask how it fits into your research. Was this source helpful to you? How does it help you shape your argument? How can you use this source in your research project? Has it changed how you think about your topic?
Please choose a topic for the annotated bibliography based on the information you see above. I will also submit an assignment for review, so that it will help you come up with a topic. Do not reuse the sources within the given assignment. Please use 9 new scholarly or peer reviewed sources.
Come up with a topic for the Annotated Bibliography and follow all the instructions accordingly. Be sure to base your topic from the given assignment below.