******NO PLAGIARISM WILL BE TOLERATED. PROPER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR IS REQUIRED. QUALITY WORK. IF NOT FOLLOWED WILL RESULT IN WITHDRAWAL*******
1 PAGE SINGLE SPACED***
Search for two journal articles (from academic peer-reviewed journals) on qualitative studies or
theoretical approaches that examine the phenomena/themes that you have observed in your data or
that study similar communities. Then do the following for each article:
1. Cite the article using the ASA format.
2. Provide a brief summary (about 3-4 sentences) of the article. What is the community under
study? What are the main findings of this study?
3. Give an explanation of how this study relates to your project.
• How does this article help you develop or refine your understanding of your setting,
culture, or the themes you’re exploring?
• How will you use this research, i.e. to support or contrast your interpretations, to
show a new angle of the problem that your study brings into the field?
• Which specific ideas (quotes) of the author can you incorporate in your paper?
• Which important terms/concepts seem useful for your analysis?
Note that these ideas can be included in the introduction of your final paper (where you describe
how your study fits into the broader sociological literature in this area) and in your results/findings
section where you analyze and interpret your data excerpts.
GOOD SOURCES: (USE THEM)
• Search the Articles and Databases through the library website. Good databases to search
include JSTOR and Sociological Abstracts.
• Academic books related to your topic (book chapters are also appropriate).
• Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/
***Attached is field notes and assignments for the project. Use them to understand what my project is about. The project is me doing research a the Rec Center basketball court. The files are observations from the field site.****