For this Real Estate assignment you will complete My Qualifications,My skills and my characteristics (DISC + Strengths) My future licensing and my career goals. Part1,step 2 CONDUCT YOUR DISC ASSESSMENT, Step 3 ANALYZE & WRITE. Please follow the format and template but do not copy it. You have to write 2 Paragraphs .
Instructions for Part 1 – My Qualifications
Begin with your name, date, and class number at the top of the paper. Each paragraph must be 5 complete sentences. Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count! Remember to capitalize “I”.
Paragraph #1: My skills and my characteristics (DISC + Strengths).
For your final paper, you will write one paragraph about your qualifications, specifically about your DISC assessment and character strengths as they relate to your real estate career success. DISC sentences example: “In the DISC assessment, my primary characteristic is an “I”, which is an influencer. I enjoy talking to people and this will help me be very successful in real estate sales.” Learn your DISC profile by scrolling down to the next section.
Now it is time to incorporate a few of your strengths and identify how they will benefit your real estate career. Example: “Among my top strengths are being determined, insightful, and sincere. Determination helps me to overcome obstacles in the real estate field. Insightfulness and sincerity are important when selling properties to buyers.” Keep scrolling for more details.
Paragraph #2: My future licensing and my career goals.
In this paragraph, write 5 sentences about your real estate license and your future career goals. If you use any sources (other than your own original work), you MUST cite them in your paragraph, and reference them at the end.
Hello Students! To prepare for the final paper, you will need to take your DISC personality / characteristics assessment. First, though, let’s take a few moments to learn about DISC and why it is important. For your final paper, you will write one paragraph about your qualifications, specifically about your DISC assessment and character strengths as they relate to your real estate career success.
In this activity, you will discover your DISC profile and then identify your strengths and skills. By understanding your behavior and characteristics, you have the opportunity to develop into effective real estate agents, teammates, and leaders. These are personal characteristics that will enable you to be successful in your new career, boost your confidence level, and build upon personal development in your lifelong journey of self-discovery.
STEP 1: LEARN ABOUT DISC
Take a few moments to watch the below videos about the DISC assessment and personality types.
DISC Educational Playlist
NOTE: Each of the videos below are included in the playlist above.
- DISC Assessment Tool Overview by Clarity Business Strategies Inc. (4:13)
- Note: The DISC quadrant locations are different than the typical quadrants.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs-4tCtVMKULinks to an external site.
- Best DISC Profile for a Real Estate Agent by Kyle Whissel (3:29)
- DISC Assessment by John Fallon (4:23)
- DISC Behavioral Profiles for Real Estate Team Roles by Icenhower Coaching (4:43)
- 1. Everything DiSC Workplace® Introduction by Everything DISC (4:04)
- Four personality styles: Jennifer & Linda Nacif at TEDxLaJolla (16:10)
- D I S C For Real Estate Team Roles 6.21.2016 by AAR Editors (42:22)
STEP 2: CONDUCT YOUR DISC ASSESSMENT
Next, you will take your own personal assessment and discover your DISC profile.
Below are two online DISC assessment sources. Select ONE of the sources below and conduct your own personal assessment. Notice the first source is free, has several pop-up windows, and you must enter your email address. If you keep clicking through, you will receive a full PDF report. The second source requires a $72 fee.
- Free: https://discpersonalitytesting.com/free-disc-testLinks to an external site.
- Cost: com/what-is-disc/overviewLinks to an external site.
Here are a few more “free” DISC assessments. Let me know which one works for you so I can recommend to other students, okay?
- https://discpersonalitytesting.com/free-disc-testLinks to an external site.
- https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-testLinks to an external site.
- https://www.onlinepersonalitytests.org/discLinks to an external site.
- https://www.tonyrobbins.com/discLinks to an external site.
- https://www.truity.com/test/disc-personality-testLinks to an external site.
- https://www.crystalknows.com/disc-personality-testLinks to an external site.
- https://www.mydiscprofile.com/en-usLinks to an external site.
- https://cloverleaf.me/discLinks to an external site.
STEP 3: ANALYZE & WRITE
Take some time to review your DISC report and understand what it means about you. Then, write a paragraph with 3 sentences about the results. What is your DISC profile? How will your DISC characteristics help you be successful in the real estate field?
Save this paragraph as you will need it for your final report. Below is a diagram of the DISC quadrants.
Students, now that you finished your DISC assessment, let’s continue building our final report. Now it is time to incorporate a few of your strengths and identify how they will benefit your real estate career. Listed below are some character traits that demonstrate good work ethic and enhance your success as a real estate professional. Which ones do you share?
Do you know what your strengths are? Can you think of other character traits that are admirable? Incorporate three of these excellent traits into your final paper.
From the book “StrengthsFinder 2.0”, take a look at the Clifton themes to discover your best qualities that make you successful.
- https://www.gallup.com/cliftonstrengths/en/253715/34-cliftonstrengths-themes.aspxLinks to an external site.
Here are a few more ideas for you:
- List of 92 Strengths (scroll down): https://positivepsychology.com/what-are-your-strengthsLinks to an external site.
- 24 Character Strengths: https://www.viacharacter.org/character-strengthsLinks to an external site.
- Job interview skills: https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/greatest-strengths-and-weaknessesLinks to an external site.
Write down 3 – 5 of your strengths and how you could use them in your career. Write out 1 or 2 sentences stating how your strengths will benefit you as a real estate agent. Incorporate these sentences at the end of your first paragraph.
Take a look at the books below, and add them to your reading list. Remember you can also get the audio version so you can listen while driving!
1. Strengthsfinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
2. Now, Discover Your Strengths by Gallup
- https://www.amazon.com/Discover-Your-Strengths-Marcus-Buckingham/dp/0743201140Links to an external site.
3. Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow by Tom Rath
- https://www.amazon.com/Strengths-Based-Leadership-Leaders-People/dp/1595620257Links to an external site.
Note: this is a sample assignment that you can model — DO NOT COPY IT. You must conduct your own self-assessments and use your OWN, original words. Do not use red font (it is for illustrative purposes only).
Name: Ima Student
Date: January 1, 2022
Upon completing the DISC assessment, I discovered that my characteristics are primarily C (conscientious), followed by D (driver). My “C” traits include being accurate, detailed, and a logical thinker. These traits will help me in my real estate career by ensuring that client contracts are written accurately. My “D” traits mean that I am a results-driven person who likes to take action, which will help me follow up on generating leads every day. In addition, I have many character strengths that include being enthusiastic, honest, and diligent. These will guide me when interacting with clients and cooperating agents to close a real estate transaction. Also among my top strengths are being determined, insightful, and sincere. Determination helps me to overcome obstacles in the real estate field. Insightfulness and sincerity are important when selling properties to buyers.
My goal is to earn my real estate salesperson license and become a top producing agent in the high desert area. Next, I plan to earn my broker’s license and open my own brokerage firm within the next 10 years. By operating my own company, I will have the opportunity for multiple sources of income that include residential sales, commercial leasing, and property management. Most importantly, I look forward to training my children to work at our brokerage firm. We will also become real estate investors while operating our family business.